African Daisy Cake: ingredients, recipe
Such an original name cake "African daisy" was not accidental. First, its top cake is really decorated in the form of petals and the core of a popular summer flower. Secondly, the cake is made on the basis of cocoa powder, has a beautiful chocolate color, and on top is additionally watered with brown icing. Therefore, a comparison with an African in this case would be just appropriate. In our article we will tell you how to prepare a cake with the original name. A detailed, step-by-step recipe will help to cope with the creation of a delicious dessert in just a couple of hours.
Ingredients for African Daisy Cake
The basis of a delicious dessert with the original name is chocolate cakes, between which there is a wide layer of tender sour cream soufflé with fresh fruit. The cake is quite wet and does not require additional soaking. Dessert, without exaggeration, literally gives in the mouth.
Preparing a cake from simple and affordable ingredients:
- 6 eggs;
- 200 g of sugar;
- kefir 200 ml;
- cocoa powder 100 g;
- 350 g of flour;
- soda 1 tsp.
From the above products, knead the dough for the cake. For sour cream soufflé you will need the following ingredients:
- sour cream with a fat content of 20% and higher - 500 ml;
- sugar - 200 g;
- 100 ml of milk of any fat content;
- poppy - 100 g;
- powdered gelatin - 20 g;
Chocolate icing for cake is made on the basis of cocoa powder. To make it, you need the following ingredients:
- butter - 50 g;
- sugar - 120 g;
- sour cream - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- cocoa - 3 tbsp. spoons.
Step 1. Baking cake cakes
Two detachable forms with a diameter of 24 or 26 cm should be prepared in advance. It is necessary to cover their bottom with parchment and oil the walls. If there is only one mold, then baking the cakes will have to be alternated, which will take much longer.
According to the recipe, the African Daisy cake is prepared in the following sequence:
- The oven is heated to a temperature of 190 °.
- In a deep bowl, eggs are broken, sugar is poured. Ingredients are well mixed by hand with a whisk. The mixer is optional.
- Soda is added to the egg mass. To extinguish it with vinegar is not necessary. The mass is once again well mixed.
- Cocoa powder and half of the flour are sifted into a bowl with eggs, sugar and soda. It is important not to miss this stage so that the dough is uniform and without lumps. The mass is once again thoroughly mixed.
- Warm kefir is poured into the dough and mixed. The remaining flour is added. The dough should be not too thick in consistency, like sour cream.
- Divide the whole mass into two parts. Pour the first half into the prepared form, send it to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. To ensure readiness, it is necessary to pierce the product with a toothpick. Then cook the second cake. If the size of the oven allows, you can bake two products at the same time.
- Finish the cakes cool slightly, remove from the mold and put on the grid upside down. Leave until cool.
Step 2. Cooking cream
When making sour cream souffle for African Daisy cake, it is important to observe the following sequence of actions:
- Soak gelatin in cold milk and leave on the table until it swells.
- During this time, you need to prepare a cream. To do this, sour cream high fat whip with sugar until a thick and fluffy mass.
- The swollen gelatin is heated on a stove or in a microwave until it is completely dissolved in milk. It is important not to bring the mixture to a boil.
- Gently pour warm gelatin into sour cream and mix with a mixer.
Step 3. Cake assembly
Dessert with the original name consists of two chocolate cakes with a layer of sour cream souffle between them. When all the components of the African Daisy cake are ready, you can proceed to the assembly of the product:
- Cut pre-peeled bananas, kiwi and oranges into medium-sized cubes. With oranges, it is imperative to remove a thin film.
- In sour cream with gelatin add poppy.
- Cakes cut in half lengthwise. The result should be 4 parts. One of them should be placed on the bottom of the split form. In her later, and will be going to cake. The second part of the souffle is covered after assembling the cake.
- The remaining cakes are cut into small cubes and mixed in a deep bowl with the prepared fruit. On top of the mixture is poured sour cream with gelatin. The mass is gently mixed.
- Preparation for a souffle gives all the best in a demountable form from above on a cake plate.
- Cut the remaining cake in the form of chamomile into 12 petals and a round core.
- Place the billet on top of the creamy fruit mixture and press lightly.
- Cover the form with plastic or polyethylene and refrigerate overnight.
Step 4. Decorating the cake
From above the finished product is poured over with chocolate icing. It is prepared in the following sequence:
- Cocoa powder is sifted into a skillet with a thick bottom.
- Sugar is poured on top, sour cream and butter are added.
- Over a low heat the mixture warms up until the ingredients are completely dissolved.
- The cake is removed from the mold and poured over with warm icing.
- The finished product is sent to the refrigerator for another hour.
Instead of icing, you can use melted chocolate to decorate the cake.
How to cook African Chamomile cake with cream?
Not all people like the taste of sour cream in a cream. In confectionery, they try to replace this ingredient with other products, such as cream or cream cheese. Step by step this cream is prepared in the following sequence:
- Powdered gelatin (20 g) is poured into a bowl and filled with cold drinking cream with fat content of 10% (200 ml).
- While the gelatin swells, you can do the cream. To do this, whip cream cheese (500 g) with sugar (200 g) using a mixer.
- Heat gelatin with cream over low heat.
- A thin stream, without stopping to beat, to pour in gelatin in creamy weight. The cream is ready. Now it needs to be combined with sliced cakes and pieces of fruit. Canned pineapples can be used instead of bananas, kiwi and orange.
Step by step description of the cake "African daisy" will remain unchanged. The difference is only in the preparation of the cream.
African Daisy Cake is easy to make even for a beginner. The main thing is to adhere to the step-by-step description and take into account the following cooking recommendations:
- Be sure to divide the dough into two parts and bake the cakes separately. Otherwise, they may not bake, and the cake will not work.
- For cream you can use not only sour cream, but also cream cheese or cream. The step-by-step cooking of the souffle will not change.
- Sour cream or butter cream is well combined to taste, not only with bananas, kiwi and oranges. No less tasty souffle is obtained with the addition of pieces of fresh or canned pineapple, strawberries, raspberries and other berries, as well as nuts and dried fruits.Taste the quality of the cake from this only rise.