Automatic or mechanic - what to choose?
What do future car owners usually pay attention to? On the brand, model, equipment, engine power, color, and not least - on what the transmission of the car.Most manufacturers offer a choice: an automaton or a mechanic. But it was not always so.
Initially, there was a manual transmission. First there were three steps, then four, and now some car corporations are developing six and seven, and there is talk of an eight-stage box.
Mechanics or automaton - of course, will be decided by every motorist himself, but we will help you make your choice.
The mechanical transmission has several advantages.
- One of the main reasons for choosing: the price of a car with a manual transmission, with other equal parameters, is 30,000 - 50,000 rubles less.
- Cost-effective operation costs. Mechanics are cheaper to maintain, since it requires almost half the gear oil. In addition, mechanics repair is simpler, which, accordingly, is also cheaper.
- Due to the fact that there are fewer oils in the box, it is easier to warm up in winter, which means it's easier to start a car.
- Automatic or mechanic - this is not a question forlovers of fast, sporty driving, as with a certain dexterity in shifting gears and tracking the torque, acceleration of the car with a manual transmission is faster.
- With a certain skill on the mechanic, you can achieve fuel economy, for example, when using a ride on the "neutral", "down."
- Well and some drivers, choosing, the automatic machine ormechanics, leaning towards mechanics due to winter driving. In ice conditions, you can brake with the help of lowering the gear on the mechanical box.
Let's look at machines with automaticgearbox. The technical thought of mankind does not stand still, and the automaton has replaced the mechanics. This mechanism itself decides when to switch the speed according to the algorithm of the program embedded in it. As with any innovation, the machine has advantages and disadvantages:
- The biggest advantage of automatic machines isconvenience for the driver: do not be distracted by a series of sequential actions to switch speeds - this will make automation. The automatic transmission is ideal for beginners, who previously could burn several clutch discs while gaining driving experience, as well as for women.
- In addition, one of the biggest problems of a beginner is the beginning of the movement up or down, for example, from a traffic light. With an automatic machine, this is easily done to the most inexperienced driver.
- The life of the engine with automatic transmission is still significantly higher than in the case of a mechanical transmission, due to well thought-out gear changes at certain engine speeds.
- It is possible not to consider the difficulties of driving withautomatic transmission in winter, as most modern cars are equipped with various systems of traffic stability, slipping, stabilization, etc.
In addition, the automatic transmissionimproved, many manufacturers for fans of "pull the handle" add to the automatic transmission the "manual" mode, in which the car owner himself can lower or increase the transmission.
And, finally, automakers invented a robotic gearbox and variator, which are designed to eliminate all the disadvantages of the machine, taking into account the advantages of the mechanical box.
So every car buyer should determine for himself what is preferable - an automaton or a mechanic.