Blackout fabric: composition, properties, application, reviews. Lightproof fabric
No one imagines a cozy home without curtains on the windows. Curtains should perform not only an aesthetic function, but also protect the eyes from bright light. The blackout fabric copes well with this task. Where did the novelty come from, how good is it and all about its varieties read in the article below.
Where did the blackout fabric for curtains come from?
More recently, the emerging fabric has already taken a strong position in the hearts of people. And the birthplace of innovative material is Finland.It is the Finns who are particularly affected by the white nights. The new fabric helped to save people’s sleep; it doesn’t let the sunlight inside at all, ensuring a sound and healthy sleep. Innovative developments of Europeans quickly and firmly entered the life of people around the world. Russia has not become an exception.
The structure of the fabric - what is it?
Blackout fabric is a completely light-impervious matter (the degree of shading starts from 90%). Polyester fiber doubled by satin weave is also fire resistant.
The material is made only from polyester. If the canvas is three-layered, this means that at the factory it was treated with three layers of acrylic foam. This process requires physical and other costs, so the price of a three-layer blackout rises significantly.But the quality of the fabric, its noise insulation and thermal insulation properties will be a pleasant bonus to the purchase. The two-layer blackout fabric is significantly lighter in weight, making it ideal for lining curtains.
Why are blackout curtains better than usual?
Many people may wonder: “Is it worth buying expensive fabric? Maybe it is easier to buy ordinary thick curtains? ”Do not rush to choose, because the material that has a lot of advantages is exactly blackout. The fabric, the description of which you are currently reading, can be an excellent alternative to inexpensive curtains. Why?
- Having bought curtains from this material once, you can forget about spending for many years.They retain an aesthetic appearance for a very long time, do not fade or fade, with proper care they do not suffer from washing and ironing.
- Blackout curtains do not crumple at all, which is important for housewives who do not like ironing. This item is also important for lovers of roller blinds. No matter how many times you wind and unwind the curtain, because it does not wrinkle at all.
- Cloth protects against bright light and has insulating qualities. That is, if you close the window on a hot day, the room will not warm up and you will find coolness in it.
- Blackout fabric for curtains perfectly retains sounds and street noise.
- Another plus canvas - heat resistance. This allows the use of curtains in areas with high requirements for fire safety.
- A wide selection of colors will allow you to choose the fabric for any room. In this case, the blackout is not only a single-colored fabric, you can find options with geometric and floral prints.
- The fabric is absolutely safe and hypoallergenic, which makes it a very welcome guest in the children's bedroom.
- Finally, despite the high price, blackout fabric is very easy to clean and does not catch dust and other contaminants.
The curtains of the light-proof fabric have a huge number of advantages, but you can not do without the minuses. The main one stopping many people is the high price of drapes. Naturally, buying ordinary blinds will be much cheaper. But is it profitable?
Another disadvantage is the limited design. Most often blackout curtains are sold as a roll.Buying roller blinds, you instantly limit your decorating abilities in the window area. Although it is not necessary for many at all.
Where are the blackout curtains used?
Based on the main properties of the fabric, it is clear that the main place of its use are the bedroom and children's room. It is here that people prefer to bask in the bed without a disturbing bright sun.
Street lights, obsessive neon advertising, headlights of passing cars will not disturb the sleep of adults and children. This is especially convenient for children's sleep during the day.
Many people use the properties of the canvas and arrange a home theater in the apartment. Offices and conference rooms often acquire fabric for shading and eliminating glare on monitors. Photo labs successfully use the fabric to obtain an excellent result in the work.Night clubs often use fabrics opaque. Blackout is a great help in this situation, creating an intimate atmosphere.
How to care for curtains?
Caring for a cloth is simple. Blackout is completely unpretentious and does not require expensive means for washing or permanent dry-cleaning. You can easily wash the curtains with your hands or in the washing machine (but always on the mode for delicate fabrics).
Moisture from the web drains quickly, so there is no need to use spin. If you want to quickly dry the fabric, then set the lowest spin speed mode.
When washing use the most common powder. Dry the product in the shade, you should not hang out wet curtains right in the sun. Due to the fact that the blackout fabric (reviews of which are always excellent) repels dust and dirt, it rarely erases them.
How not to be trapped when buying?
Since the fabric is not cheap, there are always hunters to fake it and profit from the deception. In order to check whether the real fabric is being offered to you, purchase a small piece of fabric and cut it.
The authentic blackout inside has a clearly visible black fiber.It can be seen in any light (do not listen to the seller, assuring that everything will be perfectly visible in the sunlight). The upper part of the fabric is decorated with a pattern similar to suede.The inner layer of the canvas glitters. If the seller does not allow you to purchase a small piece of fabric, simply slide a few extreme threads sideways.
Blackout curtain types
Blackout fabric, the composition of which we discussed in detail above, can be the basis for various types of curtains. Among them:
- Universal curtains - suitable for any interior style, emphasizing the luxury of classic or modern hi-tech.
- Japanese curtains are popular among fans of the East, its culture and color. Best of all this canvas looks on the windows of the panoramic view.
- Pleated blinds are ideal for custom frames. For example, they look great on the windows-arches.
What is the approximate price of a miracle cloth? The cost of one running meter of the canvas (monophonic, without prints) starts from 500 rubles. Accordingly, the curtains with a pattern will be even more expensive. High-quality curtains with jacquard weaving cost from 1500 rubles per meter.
Novelty in the world of fabrics has undoubtedly made the life of many people more comfortable and more joyful.As they say reviews, excellent value for money makes these curtains more and more popular day by day. In addition, the blackout drapes easily and quickly, creating unique patterns on the windows.
And sound insulation, coupled with light insulation - these are the main advantages, due to which many consumers buy it for their homes.