Depilator and epilator: differences, advantages, features and reviews
Removal of unwanted body hair is a very popular procedure for women. And there are many ways to deal with vegetation. Now we will take a closer look at such devices as the epilator and depilator, which are very popular and are widely used.
What are the differences between the depilator and the epilator? How to use them and what they buy more often?
Depilator is ...
Before considering the differences between the depilator and the epilator, it is worth explaining what each device represents. Let's start with the depilator.
In general, the depilation process involves superficial hair removal, which does not affect the hair follicles.
The devices for depilation include shaving razors familiar to many women. Their use is very simple, so their popularity is huge. In addition, it is one of the budget options for eliminating hair.On sale now you can see the razors of any kind and at any price.
- Disposable with two blades - the cheapest options.
- Machines with interchangeable shaving heads. This option comes with a pair of interchangeable heads with 3 or 5 blades. As required, they can be purchased separately, without changing the machine itself. This version of razors has a pleasant aroma, since their heads are equipped with a special "sliding" tool that facilitates the sliding of the blades.
- Electric razors.
Another type of means for depilation are trimmers, stylers. They are used by men to remove vegetation in the nose and ears. Women also use these devices, but mainly for intimate depilation. Trimmers and stylers are powered by electricity or batteries. Their compact size allows you to take the device with you on a trip.
Over the past 20 years, widespread demand has acquired another tool for depilation. This is a hair removal cream. It is easy to apply: they spread the cream over a section of skin from which they intend to remove hair, wait 5-10 minutes, and then use a special plate (sold with the cream) to remove vegetation by simply removing the cream against hair growth.The peculiarity of the cream is that its special formula slows the growth of new hair.
The difference between the depilator and the epilator is that the first one will not bring effect for a long time.
What is an epilator?
Epilators are designed for carrying out the same-name procedure - epilation. This removal is not only the superficial part of the hair, but also the hair roots.
These devices are electric. Their cost is higher than that of the same razors or creams, but the effect is longer and lasts 3-4 weeks.
So what is the difference between the epilator and the depilator?
Obviously, the devices are different from each other. And it depends on many factors. What are the differences between the depilator and the epilator:
- When using a depilator, the hairs are removed only from the skin surface, and the epilators also remove the hair roots.
- As a result, smooth skin after depilation does not last long, just a few days. But after epilation, the device can be taken back only after 3-4 weeks.
- Depilatory cream is the safest remedy, as other depilators and epilators can injure and also cause irritation or hair ingrowth.
- Another difference is the cost of devices.Razors, depilatory creams are low-cost options for combating vegetation. The price for them is more than acceptable - not higher than 500 rubles. But a good, high-quality epilator has a starting price of 3,000 rubles.
Depilators and epilators have differences in methods of hair removal. Therefore, “what to choose” and “what is better” are very topical issues for many women.
What to prefer?
If you have not yet decided on the choice, then before you spend your money on the device for hair removal, read about the differences, advantages and reviews about depilators and epilators.
When choosing a device to eliminate unwanted vegetation, you should pay attention to the following factors:
- Skin type Owners of delicate and sensitive skin is better to opt for depilatory creams. It is better to refuse razors and epilators, as they can provoke hair ingrowth, as well as skin rashes.
- The amount of hairline. Owners of light and sparse hair, in fact, hair removal is not necessary. But, if you want to feel smooth and delicate skin, it is better to use a depilatory cream.But if there is a lot of hair on the body, then in this case you should give preference to expensive epilators. The fact is that from the impact of the epilator the structure of the hair becomes softer and thinner.
- Sensitivity to pain. Epilators are devices for strong women who are not afraid or can tolerate pain, because the procedure is accompanied by extremely unpleasant, painful sensations. But the depilation is quite comfortable.
- Financial opportunity. If you do not have any contraindications to the use of a depilator and epilator with differences in the types of procedures, then focus primarily on your material capabilities. If finances allow, it is better to purchase an epilator that will reduce the number of procedures.
Description of depilatories and epilators, we have presented. But an important factor is the feedback from real buyers.
Women who use only depilatories claim that, in general, the procedure brings good results. Hair is removed painlessly, quickly. The skin becomes smooth, and razor blades carry out a kind of scrubbing effect, cleansing the skin from the horny particles.
In addition, depilatories are inexpensive and will not hit the wallet.
The truth is, there is one "but". Depilation will have to be done often, which is not very convenient, especially on vacation.
In general, complaints from customers means for depilation do not cause.
Reviews of epilators more positive. If you do not take into account the high price and pain, then epilators are more effective than depilators.
Women using such devices have a long-lasting sensation of smooth skin. In addition, the fact that hairs become thinner and less visible is confirmed.
How else to struggle with body hair?
Hair removal on the body can be a method of depilation and hair removal.
Depilation - shaving, if to speak more simply. Hair removal includes the following varieties:
- Removal by the epilator (the method and device is described in this article).
- Shugaring is a method of hair removal, which is carried out with the help of sugar paste. Pasta can be prepared at home or visit a qualified master of shugaring. The method of removal is simple: paste paste a thick layer on the skin and a sharp movement, against the growth of hair, tear.The procedure can cause discomfort in the form of discomfort, especially for those who use the service for the first time.
- Waxing. The procedure is similar to shugaring method of application and removal. Only instead of sugar paste use hot wax. The regularity of the procedure is 1 time per month.
- Laser hair removal - is getting rid of hair with a laser. The procedure is expensive, but the effect lasts a long time. The essence of the method is as follows: a special device is sent to the vegetation. The laser acts on the hair follicles, expands them, and the hair falls out.
- Photoepilation is a method in which a light device is used that directly affects the hair follicles. The following procedure will need to be carried out in 4-6 weeks.
- Electrolysis, or electrolysis. This expensive method will get rid of unwanted vegetation forever. The method is almost painless. It is carried out by a device that transmits small electric pulses into the region of the follicle. As a result, salts are formed, which lead to the death of the hair root.
So, now it became clear what the epilator is different depilator.Obvious differences devices from each other.
If you are a supporter of smooth skin, then stop your choice on what is available and what will cause minimum discomfort.