How often you need to walk with a newborn: the basic rules of a successful walk in the summer and winter
Being alone with a newborn at home, moms approximately understand how to bathe and feed a toddler. But walking with babies often raises numerous questions: what time to start, how much to walk with the child, what to do in the heat and cold, and what clothes to choose.
In addition, many women try to do without walking, believing that babies on the street are lurking viruses, drafts and dirty urban air. Doctors, however, speak of the importance of the “promenade”, but recommend that you follow certain rules for walking with children at different times of the year.
What is the use of walking?
So, it is necessary to walk with a newborn, but not all moms can articulate what gives walks to a small child. Arguments in favor of walking in the fresh air, meanwhile, are quite weighty.
- Even if you live in a megalopolis, the level of oxygen on the street exceeds its content in the room, because the batteries have a negative effect in the apartment. Lack of oxygen worsens children's sleep and appetite.
- The processes of heat transfer in newborn babies are not regulated. The difference between apartment and street temperatures contributes to the improvement of the mechanism of thermoregulation and strengthens the karapuz protective system.
- For the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system to develop normally, you need vitamin D3, which cannot be obtained from food. It is synthesized only in the skin under the influence of ultraviolet radiation. During the walk, the child receives the dose of useful vitamin he needs.
- A walk in the park and for the mother is useful, because fresh air strengthens the immune system, and walking helps to restore shape after pregnancy and childbirth.
In some cases, parents prefer to walk on the balcony. Although the air at the height is much cleaner, doctors do not advise to get involved in such high-altitude "promenades."
Exceptions - if the mother or child is sick, the family lives on the top floor in a high-rise building without an elevator.
When and how often to walk?
If there are no specific contraindications, pediatricians are advised to go for a walk almost immediately after returning home: on the seventh day in the summer in hot weather or on the 14th day - to “winter” children.
Under adverse weather conditions - frosty (-10) or heat (+30) - you need to postpone the first walk until better times.
How many to walk is another popular question asked by young moms. The duration of the celebration depends on the age of the child and the time of year.
Usually you need to start with a few minutes, then consistently increase the duration of your stay on the street.
|The very first walk||10 to 15 minutes||Up to 20 minutes||No longer than 12 minutes||No longer than 10 minutes|
|7 days||Half an hour||No longer than 45 minutes||Up to 25 minutes||No longer than 20 minutes|
|30 days||Twice 60 minutes||Twice an hour and a half hours||Twice 45 minutes||Twice for half an hour|
|Three month baby||Twice for one and a half to two hours||Twice for 2-3 hours||Twice for 1-2 hours||Twice 60 minutes|
|Half a year||Twice for two hours||Twice for two hours or once, but for four hours||Twice an hour||Twice an hour|
|Year||Once or twice in two or three hours||Two to three times two to three hours||Twice an hour and a half hours||Once or twice an hour and a half hours|
Newborns at first is not very interesting, because they are constantly sleeping. A little matured child begins to explore the surrounding space, and in two months of age, rattles are attached to the stroller to make the walk more interesting.
The rules of the perfect walk with the child
Walking with a newborn consists of several components, because it is important not only when to go out, how much to walk with the baby, but also how to wear it and what to take with you. It all depends on the time of year and weather conditions.
How to be in the summer?
Summer weather can be dangerous for a newborn child, because the heat is fraught with overheating, and unforeseen precipitation - colds.
In order for the first walk with the child to bring only benefits, you need to follow these guidelines:
- In hot weather, the child is better to wear a light shirt, sliders, thin jumpsuit.Since the heat is insidious, you need to wear a hat, even if the newborn does not fall under the sun's rays.
- You have to worry about the quality of clothes - cotton things “breathe” well in the heat, are hypoallergic and able to regulate thermoregulation.
- For the first walks with a newborn in the heat, and even in a sling, even lighter clothes will do. At this time of year, the baby can only be comfortable in the Parmers, but the body is better to wear. You also need to choose the right color and material of the sling - warm and dark fabrics will only harm the child.
- To understand whether the child is dressed according to the rules, touch the neck. If the skin on the neck is too hot, it means that the children's body reacts to the heat in such a way (overheating is possible), in the case of cold skin, we can say that the crumb will freeze.
For summer walks with the child, you will need several diapers, spare diapers, a light jacket with long sleeves, and a flannelette blanket. It should be understood that the heat at any time can be replaced by rain and thunderstorms, so you should worry in advance about the possible force majeure.
What to do in the offseason?
Parents of newborns born in the offseason, it is more difficult to choose things for walking, because the weather conditions often change. That is why you should consider any unforeseen events.
For ideal walks in these seasons, the following recommendations will be useful to you:
- The heat may occur in May or September, so you need to focus not on the calendar, but on the weather. In the warm days of the child can be dressed in a vest with long sleeves, not too tight blouse, fall overalls and a thin headdress.
- With a cold snap of up to +10 newborns, an extra warm hat and a warm overalls will be required. If the temperature drops even lower, the overalls change to the winter version.
- A walk in a sling provides the baby with an additional “heater” - the warmth of the mother’s body. In the spring or autumn heat should be limited to summer overalls, cold weather suggests the autumn version of this clothing.
- Do not forget to take a loose coverlet with you, in this case you will be able to wrap up the child in order to protect it from the rising wind and protect it from drafts.
Best of all for this time of the year, a transformer is suitable - a jumpsuit, which has a soft, insulated lining. If the heat goes away, you remove the insulation, it also allows you to walk with the newborn during a cold snap.
How to be in the winter?
Walking with a newborn in the winter is extremely useful for the crumbs, but often burdensome for the parent.
In order for you and the child to feel comfortable, cozy and as safe as possible in this weather, you need to do the following:
- Wear a baby layered: a vest with sliders (you can replace the slip), fleece overalls, a winter envelope, which is replaced by a suit with a particularly warm lining.
- Hats for the baby also require several pieces: a thin seamless cap and a warm winter hat.
- In such a weather in the stroller must necessarily be a warm veil. It will protect the child from blizzard, frost, strong wind.
- If you choose a dressing for walking, make sure that the overalls do not bully, otherwise the child will blow. If the kit is not solid, then the jacket and pants should be with strings.
- As in the summer heat, in the winter it is also important to monitor the well-being of a little man. Constantly touch his neck, checking to see if he is sweating or freezing.In case of perspiration, cold skin, return home immediately.
Walking around the tracks and busy streets is not necessary because of the exhaust of cars. Give up walking in crowded places, otherwise the baby will not fall asleep.
Walking is very important for the baby, so you should not give up on them, unless the child is sick or the weather turned bad. Also, worry about yourself.
Eliminate for a time tall hairpins, long outerwear, include sportswear, gloves and a hat in your wardrobe. In this case, the morning and evening "promenade" will bring pleasure to both of you.