How to cook a catfish?
The catfish is the largest freshwater predator, many,probably, heard about its incredible size. Among fishermen, there are still legends about huge catfish that prey on ducks and can swallow a bird that has been completely abandoned. But such giants, of course, are very rare and the average weight of catfish, which fall on the shelves of fish stores, ranges from ten to twenty kilograms, which is also quite a lot. It is very easy to distinguish a catfish from another fish, even if you have never seen it before. He has a huge dull head with a large frog jaw and long mustache, small eyes and skin without scales.
Hardly anyone will argue about gustatorymerits of catfish meat, it is unusually tasty, it has a lot of fat and very few bones. The long tail part of his body, also called the "ples", is the most delicacy, the most delicious part of the dent. Balyk made from it, in quality is not inferior to sturgeon. The only drawback of the catfish is the smell of mud, characteristic of some particularly large specimens, but it can easily be eliminated by skillful preparation. If you do not know how to cook a catfish, perhaps our tips will help you to learn this. You can cook catfish in different ways: boil, fry, put out, make it cutlets or shish kebab. Especially delicious is the catfish, if you bake it in the oven with potatoes and onions.
How to cook a catfish in the oven
- Catfish - the fish is very large, so they usually sellhis gutted and chopped into pieces. Take a good piece of dent in weight of 1-1,5 kg, remove from it a skin, cut a ridge. Cut the fillet into slices or large slices, fold in a bowl and put under cold running water for a few minutes to remove the smell of mud and remove excess blood.
- In the meantime, peel 5-6 potatoes and cut them into circles, cut one large onion into thin semicircles.
- Take a large frying pan, grease it with fat or vegetable oil, put half of the potatoes in it, place a layer of onions on top, salt well and pepper.
- Slice the catfish from the water, dry it, sprinkle with pepper and salt, and put into a frying pan, top with the remaining onion, and then with potatoes.
- Pour everything a thin layer of good mayonnaise, sprinkle with grated cheese and put it in a medium-heated oven. Bake until ready, just under an hour.
Now that you know how delicious it is to cook a catfish at home in the oven, I'd like to tell you what you can cook from a catfish on a picnic or fishing.
Skewers of catfish
Take three or four kilos of large filletcatfish, cut it into pieces the size of a matchbox. One kilogram of onions cut into rings. In a glass or steel pan, mix the onions and dent, squeeze the juice of one lemon into it, add salt, ground white pepper, chopped parsley, a pinch of sugar and, if desired, two spoons of mayonnaise. All mixed well, cover with a plate and leave under the yoke for a couple of hours to marinate. Fry shish kebab on skewers over hot coals. And finally, two more interesting recipes for how to cook catfish in fried and baked form.
Catfish baked in breadcrumbs
Stale crumb of white bread grate on the grater. A glass of breadcrumbs is dried in the oven. Beat up three egg whites, whilst continuing to beat add half a glass of vegetable oil to them. Fillet of catfish (500 - 700 gr.) Cut into strips, pepper it and salt. Pour a little oil on the baking tray. Pieces of dent in the flour, dip in a mixture of butter and protein and carefully zapanirovat in bread crumbs. Lay the pieces of fish on a baking tray and bake in the oven until a beautiful roasted crust appears.
Fried catfish with tomatoes
Prepared catfish fillets cut into slicesthickness of one and a half centimeter, each piece slightly salt and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice. Allow the fish to stand for a quarter of an hour at room temperature. Seal each piece of catfish in flour mixed with pepper and salt, dip it into a beaten egg and once again roll well in flour. Fry, turning over several times in hot vegetable oil. For each piece of fried fish put half a tomato, fried in oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. Decorate with parsley leaves and serve.