How to enable all processor cores
Many inexperienced PC or laptop users are wondering how to turn on all the device cores when complex applications fail.
How to enable the second processor core: Instruction
As a rule, the second core of the processor is turned off for the sake of saving electricity. To enable it, you need to refer to the commands in the "Start" menu.
- On the Start menu, click Run. In the window that appears, enter the command "msconfig". In addition, you can use the "Win" and "R" keys to open the "Run" window.
- In the window that appears, go to the "Download" tab. A list opens where you want to select the operating system you are using (in case several computers are installed on your computer). Now click on the "Advanced Options" button.
- You will see the "Number of processors" item. Put a tick near him, and from the drop-down menu select the number "2". In addition, note the "Debug" and "PCI Balancing" items. It is necessary to make sure that there are no checkmarks on these functions.
- Now click "Ok", and then "Apply".
- Close all windows and running programs. Save all unsaved documents. Enter the "Start" menu and restart the computer.
- After reboot, open the Task Manager, which can be accessed using the "Ctrl + Alt + Del" shortcut. In the manager, click the Performance tab.
- In the event that the 2 core is connected, you will be able to watch two independent graphs of the "Chronology of CPU usage".
- For more fine control of the processoryou can assign different kernels for the operation of certain programs. To do this, go to the "Processes" tab and, by right-clicking on the desired program, select "Set compliance".
- After that, you will have the opportunity to choose the operation of a particular kernel (or all together) to service a specific application.
In a similar way, you can include all the cores of the processor.
Sometimes to set up a stable computerrequires a change in its components, including the processor. To replace it, you need to be able to turn off the processor. You will learn more about this from our article How to disable the processor.