How to remove an unpleasant smell from a washing machine
Freshly washed underwear, which comes froma musty spirit, even a Buddhist lama can withdraw from the state of nirvana. Do not test your own nervous system if you have such a problem. You just need to remove the unpleasant odor from the washing machine. How to do it? Read the valuable recommendations and take the most appropriate advice for your case.
Smell from the washing machine: types and causes
- If a smell of molten plastic emanates from a new washing machine, it is a production defect.
- The sewer smell from the washing machine can indicate that the water drain from the appliance is not installed correctly.
- Some types of washing powders, when heated, have the property of exuding an unpleasant odor.
- A persistent stench of mold occurs due toimproper maintenance of machinery. It is possible that the door of the hatch is always closed at the switched off washing machine, or the washed laundry is not removed from the mechanism for a long time, or the dirty things are stored not in the basket intended for this, but in the drum of the machine.
How to remove the smell of a washing machine?
- Call the master or just return the washing machine to the seller, if you just bought it.
- The plumber, summoned to the house, will easily eliminate the cause of the stench.
- Change the detergent powder after consulting the seller.
- Do not close the door after washing, let the moisture residues evaporate naturally. Things should not be in the washing machine while waiting for another wash.
- When changing the washing powder, pour half a cupnew detergent in the drum, close the hatch and turn on the washing machine to the highest possible temperature. Spin and Rinse systems off. Let the machine run idle.
- The unpleasant odor from the washing machine may disappear when changing the filter.
- To clean the mold, moisten the thick spongesolution of ordinary drinking soda and carefully remove unwanted formulations. After that, wipe the treated places with table vinegar, diluted with water 1: 1. In the event that the mold reappears on the rubber parts of the washing machine, replace them with new ones.
- Pour 100 g of citric acid into the drum and run the machine idling at the highest possible temperature. Dirt that has accumulated over time on teng, will disappear.
- Liquid bleach eliminates bad odors well. Pour 2 cups into the washing machine without any laundry and turn on the 90-95-degree operating mode without rinsing and squeezing.
- It happens that the smell of a washing machineappears as a result of its cleaning. Fetid particles fall off from their attachment points and exude the corresponding "fragrance". In this case, an additional idle run of the washing machine is required.
What you need to have
When cleaning the washing machine, you may need:
- lemon acid;
- table vinegar;
- new washing powder;
- drinking soda;
- an unnecessary toothbrush;
- foam rubber sponge;
- soft cloth.