How to reset the settings on Samsung to factory settings? Instruction
When using any technique, people often have various problems, because of which they involuntarily want to rewind the time back and not make this or that error. Fortunately, this does not apply to mobile gadgets. Knowing how to reset the settings on Samsung, you can roll back all changes to the basic (factory) settings and start using your phone or tablet from scratch.
Before resetting the settings on Samsung, be sure to check the version of your operating system (Android). The fact is that since version 5.1, Google has introduced a system of protection against theft in its product. It lies in the fact that if the user does not delete his Google account in advance, then after returning to the basic configuration, he will not be able to turn on the device until he enters the old data.
How to check the version of your "Android"?
- Turn on the device and go to the main menu.
- Then you need to go to Settings.
- Now we are interested in the tab "About the device"
- Scroll down the screen and find the line with the version of "Android".
Despite the fact that we are considering the question of how to reset the settings on Samsung in a quick way, we will have to do something manually. As we found out above, in order for the data to be completely cleared, on the "Android" version 5.1 you need to manually pull down the "Google" account. How to do it?
- Go to the settings already known to you.
- Next you need the item "Cloud ...". In some models it may be missing.
- Then you need "Accounts".
- Choosing a Google Account.
- Press the button "Menu" of the phone or "Options" on the screen.
- Tap "Delete account".
Now you can delete Samsung phone settings. How exactly to do this, we describe below.
What else needs to be done before resetting Samsung to factory settings? First of all, synchronize your contacts.
- Go to the phone settings and select a Google account.
- Then select "Sync."
- Sync all the necessary data. So you can restore all contacts and files on another device.
Before returning to the factory settings of Samsung Galaxy, you can reset all data from a USB flash drive to a proprietary cloud. This operation is carried out all in the same tab settings "Cloud and accounts". If you do not have access to the Samsung cloud, you can use Yandex.Disk or Google Drive. Remember that if you use data encryption for a flash drive, when reset to factory settings, Samsung will remove the access key (descrambler) and the data will become inaccessible. So be sure to copy them to the cloud.
In addition to the above method, you can also use backup and restore. This method will also require you to connect to the Internet and is no different from cloud storage.
So, we finally got to the method of how to reset Samsung to factory settings. There are two ways to solve this problem.
- Turn on the phone.
- Enter the device settings.
- Next, you need either "General", or immediately the item "Backup and Reset." In rare cases, it can be "Privacy".
- After that, select "Reset Device" accordingly. Item description may vary depending on the firmware of the phone.
- Next, you need to click "Delete All" or "Reset Device".
- After that, the gadget will reboot. As with the first launch of any device, it may take a little longer than usual.
This way you can easily delete all your data and fix a number of program errors.
If your gadget freezes during the download phase, you can use a hard reset through the system menu. To do this, you need to do the following.
- Turn off the phone.
- Clamp at the same time the three buttons on the device - "power", "sound up" and "home" (the central button on the panel). In some cases, the third button is not necessary to reap.
- After the gadget starts up and the Samsung logo appears, release the power button, but continue to hold the rest.
- If the menu does not appear, then try another key combination.
- In the Recovery menu, use the volume buttons to control the pointer and find the item Wipe Data or Factory reset.
- Use the power button to confirm.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- In this case, the device will not turn off. After deleting the data, you will be returned to the main menu, where you will have to select the Reboot system now item.
If you have lost your gadget and do not want someone to use your data, you can remotely clean your phone. This option is also possible. But only under the condition that the gadget remains on and with active Internet.
- Go to the Google homepage and log in to your account.
- Then open the application panel and click "My Account".
- Next you need to select "Search Phone". Despite the name, the tablets are also easily detected.
- Select the device you want and select "Delete all data".
After that you will need to re-enter the password from the account. When dual authorization is enabled instead of SMS, you can send a confirmation email to your email.
The phone does not turn on
Now you know how to reset the settings on Samsung. If your device does not start up after resetting data, try the following tips.
- Flip the phone. If you are confident in your abilities, you can do it yourself using a computer. Or take to the service.
- Discharge the phone to zero, and then charge up to 100%.
- The most simple and technical bugs can be solved by joint efforts at various technical forums.
- If all else fails, contact the service center.It will be better if you do this before any serious manipulations with the gadget, since independent attempts at solving problems may lead to the denial of free maintenance and the cancellation of the guarantee.