Quality septic tank made of concrete rings
The septic tank functions as a settler and filter. It processes impurities and makes them harmless to the environment. All septic tanks can be divided into four large groups:
- plastic factory;
- concrete factory;
- drainage pits.
So, let's look at all the options.
1. A septic tank made of concrete rings can not always be performed by hand. For such situations, you can purchase a plastic ready-made version. It has three compartments: in the first, water settles from heavy particles; in the second there is a process of fermentation under the action of bacteria; the third one allows to purify water from salts and make it harmless to the environment.
2. If you want, you can buy a massive factory septic tank from concrete rings. You can also do it with your own hands, but this will require concrete, reinforcement and a lot of free time. A ready-made septic tank needs only to be installed, after which it will start working immediately.
3. Self-made options. The construction of septic tanks from concrete rings requires some knowledge. First of all, it is necessary to know the level of groundwater so as not to turn the drain hole into a well. It is also necessary not only to make the formwork correctly (by the way, in it preliminary it is necessary to provide cells for outflow of water to the ground), but also to think over the entire structure. Do not forget that the septic tank should consist of several parts, the largest of which is a sump.
4. The cheapest option - a drainage pit. It is a hole in the ground to which the sewer pipes have brought. This option is the most economical only at first glance. First, the pit has limited ability to absorb moisture, so you will have to periodically dig a new one or call a sewer to remove impurities. Secondly, by allowing sewage sinks to be absorbed into the soil without preliminary treatment, we create an ecological disaster in the area where we live, as we poison groundwater.
Stacking septic tank
Septic tanks are not always made of concrete. Often the main material is brick, glass, metal, reinforced concrete. If you are going to install a septic tank made of a monolithic RC block, it will last a long time, despite the small financial costs. The disadvantage of this product remains the difficulty of installation. Nevertheless, there is still such an option: a septic tank of concrete rings with their own hands. To perform the installation correctly, perform the following actions:
1. Before you start digging a pit for a septic tank, you need to calculate its size. To do this, you have to calculate the amount of water that the family uses per day. Also to this number we add the volume of water that will be spent by the guests. Having made the calculations, we get the following result (approximately): the average family with five guests spends about 1800 liters. And since the water is settled for 24 hours, the septic tank should be 6 cubic meters in volume.
2. Digging a pit for sewage should be at a distance no closer than five meters from the house. Preferred sizes - 3x3x2 meters. To make a septic tank of concrete rings with your own hands, you need to seal all the walls of the pit with the armature. At the same time, it is necessary to install iron at a distance of five centimeters from the soil.
3. We make the formwork and fill the reinforcement with concrete, leaving room for the windows, through which water will be absorbed. It is also possible to install a ready-made concrete block in the pit, which is made in the factory. For its correct installation there is a special scheme of a septic tank made of concrete rings, where all the necessary details for the installation of the product are indicated.