The team is ... Functions and types of social groups
One of the most important human needs is the need for communication. In order for us to fulfill our needs, we need to communicate with our own kind. Lack of communication can lead to such consequences as apathy, depression, depression and even stress. Long-term lack of communication for a healthy person is fraught with a terrible outcome - an irreversible mental disorder.
But fortunately, we are all collective beings, which makes it possible every day to contact with others, thus fulfilling our need for communication. We communicate with family, employees, friends. Each of these social groups is a collective to which we belong.
The team and its functions
A team is an association of people, created on the basis of common goals, aspirations, tasks. The purpose of such social groups is to achieve a certain mission or performance of specific functions.
Not every group of people has a name collective. This is an average social group.It is considered that the number of people in a team often ranges from three to thirty - forty people. Suppose a state is also a social community, all members of which are linked by a common goal and the same signs, but no one calls the state a collective.
The collective as an constituent element of an organized society is assigned an important role. Its main functions are:
- Educative - the collective regulates the behavior of all its members.
- Organizational - each team is a subject that manages its activities, and any process with proper organization becomes more efficient.
- Stimulating - the formation of moral incentives to socially useful affairs.
- Economic - the function of the collective, allowing to unite labor activity, as a result of which cultural and material values arise.
An example of a team in society
Each of us is in several teams, without even thinking about it. The very first social group in which we grow and are brought up is our family. Later we get acquainted with our group in kindergarten, with the school class, with the student community.In childhood and adolescence, almost everyone becomes a member of interest clubs, it can be a vocal choir, dance group, sports section. Adults spend most of their lives at work, all the while being in a team of employees.
Several groups can simultaneously influence the formation of a personality, of which it is a part.
Signs of the team
The formation of a team can be carried out cohesively and almost simultaneously (formal teams) or systematically (for some time). An organized group of people becomes a collective when it begins to acquire attributes that distinguish it from other social structures. These signs are:
- The goals and objectives of the group must be approved by the public.
- Joint activities aimed at their achievement.
- The presence of a differentiated system of interpersonal relationships between team members.
- The presence of self-government.
- Mutual responsibility for the actions taken in the team.
Types of teams
Social groups can have many differences.The main ones are the basis for the classification of groups.
By the way of organization there are:
- Formal - purposefully created groups whose activities are documented. As an example, a formal team is an enterprise employee.
- Informal - arising independently. For example, a group organized for hiking or sightseeing trips.
By the time of the action groups are divided into:
- Permanent - a more durable social group that exists for a long time and is characterized by strong ties between its members.
- Temporary - mostly such organizations disappear immediately after reaching the designated goal.
Who is the leader in the team?
The presence of a leader is one of the features and distinctive features of any team. Formal teams need leaders who can correctly organize and control targeted activities.
Even if the principal is not approved by internal rules or documents, sooner or later, in any organized association of people, someone who will have a greater influence on the rest of its members is involuntarily singled out.Such a person is considered an informal leader.
The team is the basis for the formation of the personality of each of its members. Each team creates a unique socio-psychological environment, which can further affect the existence of the team and the performance of its functions and tasks. This situation has a direct impact on all members of the social group.
Establishing the psychological atmosphere in a team is the most important task of the organizers, the leaders of the group and each of its members.
The socio-psychological climate has three components:
- Social climate - is determined by how each member of the team observes the norms, rules and duties.
- Moral climate - is determined by the presence of moral values inherent in all persons, attributed to the team.
- The psychological climate is the atmosphere that arises between team members in the process of their direct contact.
Each of us, as part of a team, should try to maximize the formation of a favorable climate, because in the future this socio-psychological environment will directly influence us,and become the basis of our mood and state of mind.