Ultraviolet lamps for plants: types, features of choice
For normal growth and development of plantslight is needed. Sometimes, fans of indoor flowers do not have enough space on the windowsill to accommodate their pets. Remotely they can not be delivered due to lack of lighting. To solve this problem, special ultraviolet lamps for plants were developed. They set the necessary light mode, so the flowers develop normally, as in natural light.
Ultraviolet lamps for plants shouldto give out a certain electromagnetic radiation similar to that which is possible in natural conditions. Of course, it is impossible to achieve a complete analogy, but it is possible to satisfy the minimum requirements of colors in the ultraviolet. This approach allows you to create the most comfortable conditions for the development of pets.
To determine how much light a flower needs,follows him to observe. For this, the pot must be placed on the windowsill. With excess light, the leaves of the plant begin to react in a certain way:
- on them appear brown or gray spots;
- become faded and sluggish;
- in the shadow-loving specimens the leaf dies.
With such problems, the pot must be placed under an ultraviolet lamp for plants. After a while, it will come alive, begin to actively grow and develop.
When growing indoor plants, several lighting schemes are used.
- Lighting designed to enhance photosynthesis. Usually this option is used as an addition to natural light.
- Increase daylight hours. Some flowers need a long light period, which is difficult to provide in the winter. To compensate for its lack, use ultraviolet lamps for plants.
- Full replacement of natural light. This scheme is used when growing flowers on racks, as well as when placing plants in dark corners, away from windows.
Recommendations for the use of lamps
For artificial lighting to bring the desired result, it is necessary to place it correctly. Knowing how to make ultraviolet lamps for plants, you can get the most benefit from them.
- Do not place the light source close to the plant. The distance should be at least 20 cm from its top. At a lower location, the lighting device can burn the leaves.
- The lamp should be properly selected. If you plan to have light at an altitude of about 20 cm above the top of plants, it is better to install options with a power of 70 watts per square meter.
- When using a lamp to extend the light regime, it is necessary to provide plant lighting for 12 hours.
- The lamp should be placed in such a way that light falls on the plant.
Such simple recommendations help to achieve the desired result in the shortest time and without loss for indoor flowers.
Choosing a fixture
There are many different phytolamps designed for growing plants. They include the following types:
- LED lights. With their help, you can aim to illuminate plants. This type of lamp is considered the most profitable, since the service life is more than one year. Under them the plants develop well. LED lamps have low power consumption and produce little heat. When using them, the intensity of evaporation of moisture decreases, which makes it possible to extend the periods of irrigation. Another advantage of these models is the ability to set different shades of light. LED ultraviolet lamps for plants with their own hands can be done easily. To do this, you only need to buy fixtures and components of the required capacity. They should be mounted in the ceiling of the rack or in the window slope.
- Energy-saving models. This option is considered the easiest to operate. To use it, you just need to screw the lamp into the socket. When choosing the type of luminescence, the following should be considered: cold light is intended for normal growth and development of seedlings, warm glow for flowering.
- Fluorescent lamps. In our article, we present in the photo ultraviolet lamps for plants of the luminescent type. They do not heat up, so they have no effect on the temperature of the air in the room. Some models have blue rays that positively influence the process of photosynthesis.
For aquarium plants, special lamps are also used. Their glow penetrates through the water column. When using such products, you can have in the aquarium a variety of types of algae.
Correctly selected lamp allows to grow plants in any conditions, when the room is dark and even not enough sunlight.